You’ve been dreaming about designing your dream home for years. The time has come, and we’ve got you covered! Here are our top ten design tips for 2019:
- Simple, clean cabinet door styles with light, neutral colors make a great transitional background for your kitchen. This gives you more room to be creative in other areas like countertops and backsplashes.
- In the bathroom, try to place the controls for the shower where you can reach them without having to stand under the showerhead while the water heats up.
- Break up long walls of wood cupboards and drawers with open shelves or glass-front cabinets. This is also a great way to display your favorite dishes.
- Do you have a proper prep spot in your kitchen? Or enough cabinet space in your bathroom? Storage and functionality are major factors when you’re designing your new space.
- Plan your outdoor kitchen close to your home. The farther away, the more materials you’ll have to carry outside, which means you probably won’t use the space much.
- When designing a kitchen, put function first. No matter the overall shape of your kitchen, plan for the sink, fridge and stove to form a triangle, with no more than 6 feet between them. This is great for ease of movement while you’re hustling to get dinner on the table!
- There’s no such thing as too much counterspace. The end.
- Don’t reuse appliances or items from the old kitchen if they look dated. It’s nice to save the money, but an old appliance will stand out (not in a good way) and bring down the overall look and feel of your new kitchen.
- Don’t forget to plan for garbage and recycling bins. Do you want built-in bins cleverly disguised behind a cabinet door? Or do you want sleek containers that are positioned out of the way?
- Don’t be shy about using contrasting textures to create a sleek finish. Think statement backsplashes, marble countertops, and even matte cupboard fronts. You’ll have the most stylish kitchen in town!
With these design tips you have a great place to start your design, but remember, we’re ALWAYS here to help!
Contact us to book your FREE design consult!